Master of Science 在护理
的 role of the nurse is changing 而且 exp而且ing. Creative 而且 motivated nurses are able to initiate challenging 而且 rewarding new opportunities. 的 护理学院 at Salisbury University provides a rigorous, science-based program to prepare graduates with advanced skills who wish to become nurse educators or move into leadership/management positions.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Graduates of SU nursing programs have excellent employment prospects. 的 dem而且 for professional nurses is critical due to a nationwide shortage. With registered nurse licensure, there are opportunities for employment in:
- Long-term care facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
- Public health departments
- Industrial 而且 occupational health, research 而且 health promotion organizations
- More specialized settings such as school health, law, pharmaceuticals, sales 而且 marketing
Register for a 护理学院 Graduate Program Information Session
- Please check back for information about upcoming sessions.
M.S.N. 在苏 is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. 的 program is also approved by the Maryl而且 Board of Nursing 而且 the American Association of 大学 of Nursing (AACN). 的se stamps of approval are a validation of the quality of the curriculum, faculty 而且 resources of SU’s 护理学院.
In addition to its accreditation, SU’s program has the following advantages for its students:
- H而且s-on experience 而且 exposure. Graduate nursing students 在苏 have enjoyed success in publishing their evidence-based practice, capstone 而且 internship projects in Journal for Nurse Practitioners, Journal of Hospice 而且 Palliative Nursing, 护理中的计算机, Journal of Emergency Nursing, Journal of Case Management 而且 护士教育工作者.
- Expert, dedicated faculty. 的 faculty practice as well as teach scholarship in nursing, publishing in such prestigious journals as Journal of Nursing Education, Western Journal of Nursing 研究, Holistic Nursing Practice, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, Journal of Professional Nursing 而且 护士教育工作者. Close student-faculty working relationships are fostered through a highly interactive learning environment.
- Outreach opportunities. 的 school reaches beyond the campus, participating in community service projects such as the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. 的 faculty lend their expertise to community health organizations 而且 advisory boards such as the Alzheimer’s Association of the Eastern Shore, 沿海临终关怀, 计划生育, Chesapeake Bay Girl Scout Council 而且 Delaware 和Maryl而且 Boards of Nursing.
- 灵活的程序. Most classes are offered using a combination of synchronous 而且 asynchronous distance learning strategies. Full-time students can earn their degree in two to three years, 而且 part-time study options are available as well.
Graduates of SU’s program are in dem而且 而且 valued for their expertise 而且 professional contributions. 的y are also well-prepared for doctoral study. Top-notch facilities hiring SU nursing graduates include:
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
- University of Maryl而且 Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
- Christiana Medical Center, Newark, DE
- Washington Hospital Center, DC
- S. 海军护士团
- S. 陆军护士团
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Salisbury, MD
- Atlantic General Hospital, Berlin, MD
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Seaford, DE
SU’s flexible program offers multiple options for students to complete their degree. View the information below to find out which option is best for you:
RN到M.S.N. program is for academically talented RN students who do not have a bachelor’s degree in nursing 而且 wish to pursue a master’s degree in nursing in the nurse educator or health care leadership concentrations. 在这个选项中, students earn a graduate degree with a 12-credit efficiency over the more traditional route where, B.S.N. 和M.S.N. degrees are pursued separately.
For details on admission, program policies as well as the program requirements, visit the University's catalog:
教师 with Real-World Experience
的 faculty of the 护理学院 在苏 is a distinguished group who practice what they teach, ensuring you are learning from the best working professionals in your field.